I received this e-book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Okay, I'm going to go ahead and apologize now for this very long rant of how much I loved this book!!!! I probably discovered Christine's youtube channel sometime in 2014. When I started getting super obsessed with books in 2012 I made a lot of friends on Goodreads that I was able to talk books with since I didn't really have many friends that read. Then in 2014, I found out about booktubers and Christine's channel was my favorite. I remember how much I could relate to her in my feelings about the books I loved. When I finish an amazing book I still to this day go find her reviews on youtube.
Anyways, when I found out that she was writing a book I knew I had to have it. It was one of my most anticipated reads of 2019. I was equally excited when I found out that I could request the arc on NetGalley! You can imagine my excitement when I was accepted for that arc. I seriously jumped up and down and did a little dance. I knew that I was going to love this book, and I did!!!
This book has everything you would ever want in a contemporary. Great lovable characters, misunderstandings, fun trips, amazing friendships, love, and a little bit of magic. In this story we follow Shane. Shane is on track to be come a doctor, and her parents couldn’t be prouder, but she is not completely happy about this. She feels like her college experience didn’t go as planned and she isn’t quite happy with how her life is right now. Shane finds out about a study abroad writing program that goes to London for a semester and decides that it is exactly what she needs.
Shane writes a list of what she has to do while on this trip, like making friends, being confident, and meeting a boy. She gets to cross everything off while in London, but the trip definitely wasn’t at all what she expected. She hits lots of bumps in the road, but they add to who she is. Again, this book just blew me away! I loved everything about it and didn’t want it to end!
The other day I watched Christine’s video about the audiobook and have decided in the next few months to listen to it! I am so excited to hear my favorite characters come to life! You definitely need to go out and get this book and read or listen immediately. After your done come back and read my spoilery review and let’s chat all this Again, But Better!!!!
Shane ~I loved Shane so much! Like I said earlier she really reminded me so much of myself. She was so quirky, fun, hilarious, and so dang lovable. Shane is the type of girl that I would love to go hang out with and would most likely be my best friend.
Pilot ~ I loved Pilot right away. He was a great addition to the group and always so dang chill.
Babe ~ I absolutely loved Babe! Her being happy all the time was my favorite. She had such a bubbly personality. She is also such a loving and caring friend. I would have loved her as my friend!
Sahra ~ I wasn't too sure about Sahra at first but I ended up really like her a lot. She fit right in.
Atticus ~ Atticus! Such a fun-loving guy. As with everyone else I pretty much likes him immediately.
As you can see, Christina creates some amazing characters.
I didn't want this to be too long but I couldn't stop writing all my feels down while reading this! There was so much going on in this book and I loved every minute of it! On to all my feels...
- Horcruxes! I loved that she named her notebooks Horcruxes. Definitely knew from reading that, that I would fall in love with this book.
- I loved Babe immediately! I knew she would be the perfect friend for Shane.
- Shane is seriously the best character ever!
- Of course, I loved Pilot immediately as well!
- When Shane and Pilot went to the grocery store I couldn't stop smiling, they were just way too cute together.
- The Flat 3 gang!
- I'm not sure if it was actually possible but I loved Christine more than I did before reading this book. She made me so happy with all her bookish references.
- Finding out Pilot had a girlfriend after all those super cute moments between him and Shane made me pretty mad. I hate that he didn't just say something.
- I loved that some of the book was Shane's actual journal entries.
- She dodged like 2 of his kisses. Which now when I look back on it I'm super glad that she did that because he did still have a girlfriend. I did love when he put his arm around her during the Beatles song. And when he comforted her while she was sad, that was just so dang sweet.
- Ugh, the dreaded girlfriend is coming to visit. I really just didn't understand why he didn't break up with her. He obviously had feelings for Shane, and she has them for him, so why keep the dumb girlfriend.
- I was seriously loving all these book references and music reference!
- I couldn't believe that she kissed that guy, I mean, I understood, but still, I didn't just love that she did that.
- The fact that Pilot and Shane haven’t spoken to one another for like 2 weeks made me so sad. During this time I was seriously starting to dislike Pilot. I hated thinking that way, but he was being a jerk.
- When Shane asked Pilot if she could tag along on their trip I was so anxious for her. I had a very good feeling that he would say no and when he did it crushed me. I wanted to cry with her.
- Oh my goodness, first Pilot comes in with his girlfriend, then Shane is surprised by her parents! I knew this was going to be horrible. Her dad was a total jerk to her friends, making them go to dinner.
- The whole restaurant scene was so intense and so horrible. I couldn’t stop crying for Shane. That was so embarrassing for her. I really disliked her father.
- Seriously, if things couldn’t get any worse she catches dumb Amy reading her notebook!!
- Ugh, I hated this all for Shane. She was spiraling down for sure. I hated that she quite the magazine company. When Atticus wanted to try and talk to her about it and help her through it, that made me really happy.
- Them all leaving to go back home and saying goodbye was so sad. I loved that Shane last minute decided to go back and tell Pilot how she felt but hated that she missed him!
- That ending to that part was horrible!!
- I really loved how we now get to see what everyone is doing 6 years later!
- She is engaged and about to be a doctor. I loved that she did decide to go and see Pilot get closure. I also really loved how she and Babe still talk all the time, and how she and Sahra talk as well, and how she and Atticus go out for lunch every few months!
- That coffee shop that they went to was awesome. I kept thinking, this shop needs to be a real place and I need to be the one to do it.
- That lady is back again, I had a feeling she had something to do with all this crazy! The elevator took them back to London!!!! They are getting a do-over!
- So they finally spoke to that lady! They have to find a button while at the Rome trip, so crazy.
- I loved that they went out and explored together and it seemed that Pilot is having a better attitude about this whole thing.
- Oh wow, I was in tears when she told him the story about the guy that looked like him.
- Yes!! They finally kissed! It made my heart so happy!
- I was so glad that they decided to not press the button yet. And I was so happy that he finally broke up with Amy! Yes!
- Okay, Shane and Pilot are the cutest ever. I couldn’t handle all the cuteness!
- Their move-off was the best!
- I loved that when Shane talked about love or kissing she would say it was like glitter!
- I knew the moment that she was late for work that first day that it was going to be ruined at her job. When Wendy said the offer was off the table it crushed me. I obviously didn’t like how everything panned out the first time since it sucked between her and Pilot, but I wasn’t too sure that I liked this one much better.
- When Shane saw Amy, and Amy was still talking like Pilot was her girlfriend I was livid. I trusted Pilot so I knew there had to be some reason for this. I couldn’t believe he didn’t check to make sure she got the message. Shane totally had the right to be mad but I kind of felt like she should have understood Pilot more.
- I was so happy when the button didn’t work, and that it would only work when they were both ready! That was such a stupid thing to do.
- I did love that she got everything back together at work, but I really missed Pilot. This was definitely going on way too long. I missed them being together.
- The Edinburgh trip alone was awesome. I loved that Babe gave her the idea to go alone. The moment she thought she might have seen Pilot, I started freaking out. The move that he did end up making in her was perfect.
- I was overjoyed that they decided to stay together and that she ended up being a writer! Of course! The epilogue where we were told about her book through a blogger was such an amazing idea.
- When he purposed I almost died. So much happiness consumed me at that moment! What a perfect ending!
I hope you enjoyed this review! Leave some comments down below and we can talk more about this amazing book!!