This year has been so amazing for some of my favorite characters of all time. First a book with Nikolia's POV and now a whole novella devoted to my favorite, Kenji. If I had to choose out of Kenji or Nikolai, Kenji would win just by a bit. I mean, cmon, he is Asian like me. And so friggin hilarious. I loved Kenji the first time we meet him in Shatter Me, and have always enjoyed everything about him since then. When I found out this novella was completely his POV I freaked out.
We start this novella off with the day before everything happened in Restore Me, which I loved! We get to see Kenji's thoughts about everything before and after the insanity ensues. And it's definitely a shocker! We also get to see a lot of his interactions with Nazeera and all his emotions toward her. I loved getting to know Kenji more. I feel like I did already know a lot, but this let me get inside of his head and really understand him. Seriously, we even see the reasons behind his horrible eating habits, at least to Warner, and that was a total surprise to me. There is so much depth to Kenji, and so much more to learn about him, and I'm so excited for more!!!!!
This little gem is a must read. Like seriously, go out and read it now. You can get the ebook, but I am really hoping to get an audiobook out of this!!!!
Honestly what more is there to say but AHHH it's KENJI!!!! I feel like I've been waiting for this forever. So let's just get it started...
- I seriously didn't think I could love Kenji any more than I already do. But I was totally wrong. He is so super compassionate, which I already knew, but he is so full of emotions that we don't normally get to see and it was so awesome to get to see that.
- I loved Kenji and Nazeera together. They seem absolutely perfect together. And to see Kenji falling for someone was so neat. He needs love too!!!
- I was so happy that she returned the feelings. I knew there was no way that she wasn't going to fall for Kenji, but still, I was a little anxious about it.
- Learning more about Kenji and what he is thinking was so awesome. I knew he was lonely. I feel like we got glimpses of that in the first 3 books, but I had no idea how deep that loneliness ran.
- I'm sure you are all getting tired of reading this... but Kenji is seriously my favorite character ever. Side note for those who don't know, he is actually based off of Mafi's brother. Her brother has the same personality.
- After finishing this book I was so dang confused. How in the heck did these people not actually get hurt? I thought Brendon was dead. My mind was seriously blown. What the heck does Mafi have planned, is all I kept thinking. Somehow they made it look like Juliette killed all those people and made Juliette believe all her friends were dying and being kidnapped. WOW.
I cannot wait to start Defy Me!!! It's going to be amazing!!!!